Back pain is a common occurrence in the U.S. for many individuals. For this reason, choosing the best method of therapy for your back pain must be done carefully. The most common form of treatment for back pain and related issues is to wear a back brace. This article will help you recognize the signs that signify you may need a back brace along with the benefits of using one. We will also discuss how to qualify for a back brace through insurance. Let’s get started!
Symptoms and signs that a back brace is needed:
- Continual weakness in the legs and/or feet
- Tingling or knife-like stabbing sensations
- Severe back pain
- Pain in the lower spine (front, sides or back)
- Osteoarthritis of the lower back
- Spinal degeneration
- Postural Syndrome
- Dowager’s hump
- Difficulty bending, walking or lifting things you could previously
- Curvature of the spine
- Muscular strain
- Deep and tight muscle contractions near the spine
- Other conditions
Benefits of using a Back Brace
- Provide additional support for your spine and/or muscles
- Helps improve your body posture
- Keeps pressure off the spinal nerves and lower back
- Can help alleviate pain
- Can support the abdomen
- Provide additional support during regular activities while minimizing back strain and pain
- Makes transitional movements like sitting or standing more comfortable
- Helps prevent injury
- Flare-ups are less painful
- Can be used after surgery to help with spinal stabilization
The amount of back pain your experience will not be the same as the next person. If you think a back brace is a better choice for your condition make sure to consult with your primary care physician for advice.
How can you qualify for a back brace through insurance?
If a back brace is medically necessary, getting one through Aeroflow Healthcare is a simple process. In order to qualify for a back brace through insurance, we will need a prescription from your doctor stating that it is medically necessary. The documentation presented by the doctor must support this claim. After filling out our Qualification form, one of our Bracing Specialists will then contact you to walk you through the process of receiving the back brace. If you have any questions regarding how you can qualify for a back brace through insurance or need immediate assistance, feel free to contact us at 1-888-627-2159. We look forward to helping you!
Everyone encounters back pain at some time or another. Whether it’s chronic or an isolated incident, back pain is never fun and can make daily tasks nearly impossible. Along with getting a back brace, we [...]
Do you wake up with terrible back pain? It could be the mattress, your pillow, your age, or it could be your sleeping position. Correcting the alignment of your back while you sleep could reduce [...]
Those with back issues such as chronic back pain or lumbago, chronic lumbar instability, post-operative rehabilitation, degenerative disc disease, and many others are all good candidates for a back brace. Successful treatment of back pain [...]
Why get an Aspen Back Brace? Aspen’s innovative FlexTab design disperses pressure and naturally conforms to patient anatomy for increased comfort. Aspen uses a special tightening system that is called the “SlickTrack” which independently [...]