If you are considering purchasing a back brace and have Medicare, there are few things you should know before paying full price for a brace. First, you should consider how a brace will help treat your condition. There are a few symptoms you should look for to help determine if you need a brace. Second, you could qualify for your back brace through insurance at little to no cost. Yes, you heard that correctly, you could be eligible for a Medicare approved back brace!
Who can qualify for a back brace?
If you experience the following symptoms, you could be eligible for a Medicare-approved back brace:
- Continual weakness in the legs and or feet
- Tingling or knife-like stabbing sensations
- Severe back pain
- Pain in the lower spine (front, sides or back)
- Dowager’s hump
- Difficulty bending, walking or lifting
- Curvature of the spine
- Deep, tight muscle contractions near the spine. These are more consistent in the lower back.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or simply want to confirm or rule out the possibility of needing a back brace, be sure to speak with your primary care physician. He/she will be able to give you the final say regarding if it is medically necessary to have a back brace.
Medicare B coverage
Medicare B covers arm, leg, back or neck braces prescribed by your doctor. It is imperative that you speak with your doctor first regarding bracing, as Medicare will not pay for the brace if your doctor does not prescribe one for you. When you obtain a prescription from your doctor, it must state that the brace is medically necessary. You must then purchase the equipment from a supplier/provider that is Medicare-certified or a company who participates with Medicare.
Medicare Part B will cover 80% of the cost for the brace and you will be responsible for the remaining 20% of costs unless you have a secondary insurance or advantage plan that covers the remaining cost.
Aeroflow Healthcare is a Medicare approved provider and can provide you with your Medicare approved back brace. To qualify online, fill out our Qualify Through Insurance form today and we will be happy to help you get your brace as quickly as possible!
Everyone encounters back pain at some time or another. Whether it’s chronic or an isolated incident, back pain is never fun and can make daily tasks nearly impossible. Along with getting a back brace, we [...]
Do you wake up with terrible back pain? It could be the mattress, your pillow, your age, or it could be your sleeping position. Correcting the alignment of your back while you sleep could reduce [...]
Those with back issues such as chronic back pain or lumbago, chronic lumbar instability, post-operative rehabilitation, degenerative disc disease, and many others are all good candidates for a back brace. Successful treatment of back pain [...]
Why get an Aspen Back Brace? Aspen’s innovative FlexTab design disperses pressure and naturally conforms to patient anatomy for increased comfort. Aspen uses a special tightening system that is called the “SlickTrack” which independently [...]