Everyday use of a back brace can help reduce back pain and restore quality to your everyday life. The advantages of using a back brace for exercise or strenuous activities are well known, but the advantages of a back brace for sedentary lifestyles are not as often spoken about.
For starters, wearing a back brace helps with posture. Good posture is crucial for treating back health because it helps to keep the spine in its aligned position. Keeping your spine balanced and aligned it relieves pain from building by dispersing pressure evenly across your spine.
By wearing a back brace, it is easier to maintain proper posture. Eventually, your body gets trained to have good posture because of your brace, and pain dissipates.
Maintain back health
Along with wearing a brace, here are a few other tips for maintaining good back health:
1) Light daily exercise such as walking can help you maintain upright posture while also limbering your muscles and engaging your core.
2) Strengthen your core. Ask your doctor for good abdominal exercises that won’t strain your back. A strong core helps keep your body upright.
3) Work on flexibility. Tension causes tightness, and tightness leads to pain.
4) Sleep correctly: If you sleep on your back, put a pillow under your knees. If you sleep on your side, put a pillow between your legs. Try not to sleep on your stomach!
5) Wear your back brace for everyday chores. Whether it’s lifting something off a high shelf or moving your furniture around your house, a brace can be an extra layer of protection to prevent over exerting yourself.
We are more than happy to help you find the right brace to fit your needs and lifestyle. Also, you may be able to Qualify Through Insurance and receive your back brace at little to no charge. Please don’t hesitate to contact us — you can reach us toll-free at 888-627-2159!
Everyday use of a back brace can help reduce back pain and restore quality to your everyday life. The advantages of using a back brace for exercise or strenuous activities are well known, but [...]
Knee braces offer the chance for patients to continue walking without pain due to various joint injuries. If you are considering a knee brace, talking with your doctor about your symptoms can help you decide [...]