Everyday use of a back brace can help reduce back pain and restore quality to your everyday life. The advantages of using a back brace for exercise or strenuous activities are well known, but the advantages of a back brace for sedentary lifestyles are not as often spoken about.
For starters, wearing a back brace helps with posture. Good posture is crucial for treating back health because it helps to keep the spine in its aligned position. Keeping your spine balanced and aligned it relieves pain from building by dispersing pressure evenly across your spine.
By wearing a back brace, it is easier to maintain proper posture. Eventually, your body gets trained to have good posture because of your brace, and pain dissipates.
Maintain back health
Along with wearing a brace, here are a few other tips for maintaining good back health:
1) Light daily exercise such as walking can help you maintain upright posture while also limbering your muscles and engaging your core.
2) Strengthen your core. Ask your doctor for good abdominal exercises that won’t strain your back. A strong core helps keep your body upright.
3) Work on flexibility. Tension causes tightness, and tightness leads to pain.
4) Sleep correctly: If you sleep on your back, put a pillow under your knees. If you sleep on your side, put a pillow between your legs. Try not to sleep on your stomach!
5) Wear your back brace for everyday chores. Whether it’s lifting something off a high shelf or moving your furniture around your house, a brace can be an extra layer of protection to prevent over exerting yourself.
We are more than happy to help you find the right brace to fit your needs and lifestyle. Also, you may be able to Qualify Through Insurance and receive your back brace at little to no charge. Please don’t hesitate to contact us — you can reach us toll-free at 888-627-2159!
Back braces offer so many benefits — from pain relief to healing, not to mention the stabilization of weakened areas caused by surgery, the positives to wearing a brace far outweigh any negatives. Between 60 [...]
When your back hurts, there’s nothing else that you’re thinking about except getting relief. When patches, wraps and creams don’t work, your best bet is likely a back brace. Back braces have provided relief to [...]
If you are considering purchasing a back brace and have Medicare, there are few things you should know before paying full price for a brace. First, you should consider how a brace will help treat [...]